Want to be a foster parent? Representatives from the Department of Children's Services will be on hand to discuss the opportunities for foster/resource parents from the LGBT community. LGBT couples who are currently fostering children will be on hand to help answer questions as well.
The session will cover such topics as
- How do I begin?
- What kind of training is involved?
- How are lesbian and gay couples treated in the system?
- Where are the greatest needs?
- What's the process to become a foster/resource parent?
- What choices do I have in being matched with a child?
- Am I/are we qualified?
- What will be expected of us?
- What are the rights & responsibilities of all involved?
If you've ever thought about opening your home to kids in need, this is the perfect opportunity to get involved